Bristol Horse Riding Terms of Riding
Bristol Horse Riding (at Avon Riding Centre) Terms of Riding
- Your first lesson is an assessment and is paid for at time of booking. You will then be offered a regular group lesson that is most suited to your abilities, if available.
Cost & Invoicing
- For a full price list please contact the Centre or see our website.
- You will be invoiced monthly in advance for lessons. Payment is due on the first day of every month. It is your responsibility to ensure that payment is made on time. If payment is not received by the first day of every month, a horse will not be available for your lesson; you will not be able to ride until payment is received.
- We require 24 hours’ notice for a lesson to be cancelled by a rider.
- We do not offer refunds for cancelled lessons by riders. A cancelled lesson by a rider will result in a hack/holiday activity credit.
- If the Centre cancels a lesson, the rider will be offered a refund or hack/holiday activity credit.
- Riders will be able to accrue hack/holiday activity credits for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of each cancellation.
- A rider cannot accrue more than six unused hack/holiday activity credits at any one time.
- If you wish to stop riding with us, all unused hack/holiday activity credits must be used before your last lesson or they will be lost.
- 2 Weeks’ notice in writing is required to be removed from the riding schedule.
- Horse allocation is decided by Avon Riding Centre staff according to usage throughout the day and rider suitability and lesson content. It is not possible for riders to request specific horses.
- As a part of our duty of care to our horses, strict weight carrying limits are applied. It is for this reason that riders will be weighed three times a year. By riding with us you consent to regular weigh ins to ensure you are matched with the right horse.
- You must wear your own riding helmet to the current British safety standards at all times while riding and leading.
- You must wear your own body protector to the current British safety standards at all times during cross country lessons.
- Lessons can take place inside or outside; you always need to come prepared for outside riding.
- You must inform Avon Riding Centre of any change in address or contact details immediately. Please be aware that most communication from the Centre will be via email and it is therefore essential that you provide an up to date email address and check this regularly.
- Any inappropriate behavior to staff, riders or volunteers may result in the immediate termination of your riding lessons without notice.
- Riding is a risk sport and you must voluntarily accept the risks involved.
These terms and conditions may change to meet the needs of the organisation with a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to changes commencing. It is your responsibility to check the updated terms on the website. By riding with us, you are accepting the most recent terms and conditions.
We wish you a long and happy riding experience at the Centre.
Avon Riding Centre, Kings Weston Road, Henbury, Bristol, BS10 7QT
Registered Charity No. 281648 Registered Company No. 1534625